Third-party software for use with OmegaT
|Spelling dictionaries||Online repositories of spelling dictionaries for use within OmegaT.|
|Free (compatible) alternatives to Microsoft Office.|
|Okapi Framework||A comprehensive suite of utilities for preparing files for translation in a CAT tool. Enables a number of file formats to be translated which cannot be handled natively in OmegaT. A detailed tutorial is available.|
|bitext2tmx||GUI alignment tool for producing translation memory files from legacy texts and their translations.|
|LF Aligner||An intelligent command-line alignment tool for producing translation memory files from legacy texts and their translations.|
|Samuel Murray's scripts and procedures||Descriptions of and links to Samuel Murray's scripts/procedures. Most of these scripts require MS Windows, although some procedures may also work on other platforms.
Scripts/procedures are available to enable you to do the following:
- Skip segments containing a certain set of characters
- Extract all source text from the project files into a single, large text file
- Create a TMX file containing all strings, with identical source and target
- Add terms to a glossary whilst translating in OmegaT
- Add numbers to all segments, making them all "unique"
- Remove all text except tags, or all tags except text
- Check spelling (various procedures)